Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3331 views

Client silent installation and missing Hotfix KB 2921916

Hello,
I create a Win7Sp1 x64 Sysprep Image with all hotfixes until now. The OES Client have to be installed with unattend.txt file.
The installation stops and ask for the trusted published etc. and I have to manually click this.
I found that MS Hotfix KB2921916 will fix this problem. But MS didn´t send me any email to my request. Maybe this hotfix will be never delivered?
Has anyone this hotfix for me?
I tried 2 different email addresses of mine, but no response from MS.

Any help

Andy
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Adeckert,
> The installation stops and ask for the trusted published etc. and I have
> to manually click this.


The way I get around that is to simply push out the client cert prior to
runing the installer.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AndersG,

You are right, but I have done it and there is a new problem with the SHA-2 Certificate of the Client2 Sp4 IR6. It is imported in the local_computer/trusted publisher entry in the certstore. But the problem is still alive.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adeckert;2463141 wrote:
AndersG,

You are right, but I have done it and there is a new problem with the SHA-2 Certificate of the Client2 Sp4 IR6. It is imported in the local_computer/trusted publisher entry in the certstore. But the problem is still alive.



Did you resolve this issue?
I'm trying to deploy the Micro Focus client 2 SP4 IR6 on our Windows 7 clients via ZCM.

I have manually installed it on a client and exported the certificate from the 'TrustedPublisher' store.
In the first action in the bundle the certificate is imported:

certutil.exe -addstore -f TrustedPublisher MicroFocus.cer

After that the customized (for silent intall) install files are copied to the workstation and the installation starts.
But nevertheless the installation fail. I verified, that the Micro Focus certificate is installed as TrustedPublisher. But even then, with a installed certificate i get the "Would you like to install this device software?" promp when i run the setup manually.
Someone has a tip for me?

Greetings from Germany,

Tim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 08/23/2017 03:14 PM, TimG HSK wrote:
>
> Adeckert;2463141 Wrote:
>> AndersG,
>>
>> You are right, but I have done it and there is a new problem with the
>> SHA-2 Certificate of the Client2 Sp4 IR6. It is imported in the
>> local_computer/trusted publisher entry in the certstore. But the problem
>> is still alive.

>
>
> Did you resolve this issue?
> I'm trying to deploy the Micro Focus client 2 SP4 IR6 on our Windows 7
> clients via ZCM.
>
> I have manually installed it on a client and exported the certificate
> from the 'TrustedPublisher' store.
> In the first action in the bundle the certificate is imported:
>
> certutil.exe -addstore -f TrustedPublisher MicroFocus.cer
>
> After that the customized (for silent intall) install files are copied
> to the workstation and the installation starts.
> But nevertheless the installation fail. I verified, that the Micro Focus
> certificate is installed as TrustedPublisher. But even then, with a
> installed certificate i get the "Would you like to install this device
> software?" promp when i run the setup manually.
> Someone has a tip for me?
>
> Greetings from Germany,
>
> Tim
>
>


Apply Ms Hotfix KB 2921916
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mysterious;2464736 wrote:
On 08/23/2017 03:14 PM,

Apply Ms Hotfix KB 2921916


I wouldn't have thought it worked because the Hotfix is from 2014, but it actually did!
Thank you very very much
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 08/24/2017 08:44 AM, TimG HSK wrote:
>
> Mysterious;2464736 Wrote:
>> On 08/23/2017 03:14 PM,
>>
>> Apply Ms Hotfix KB 2921916

>
> I wouldn't have thought it worked because the Hotfix is from 2014, but
> it actually did!
> Thank you very very much
>
>


🙂 you're welcome
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.