piolax Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cloning Netware drives

Greetings all,

I've inherited a small network, running Novell Netware 6.5 SP 3. So its badly out of date. Its running on mirrored IDE drives, 80 gig, and they are running out of room. I would like to get the machine shifted to larger drives (we really need for it to last about 1.5 more years, before we can replace it). Is there software that will easily clone these mirrored drives over to a larger drive (500 gig) and do the partition resizing, etc?

A good backup before beginning is mandatory, I know......

Thanks!
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
hspeirs Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cloning Netware drives

piolax wrote:

> Is there software that will easily clone
> these mirrored drives over to a larger drive (500 gig) and do the
> partition resizing, etc?

Portlock Storage Manager - works great.

H.

0 Likes
jgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cloning Netware drives

There are several different ways you can do this. Portlock, cloning software, etc. You said the key, having a good backup. This is good in case you have to go to to to do a rebuild because something went wrong. You could also get the backup. Remove the old drive, put the new ones in and restore the data to them with the backup. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you need to do what works for you.

jgray
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.