Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cluster services and Citrix

Hi,

I have a customer with a 3-node NetWare 6.5 (SP3) cluster presenting fileservices to an 18 server Citrix farm.

This Cluster functions correct, but in event of a fail-over or migrate all of the Citrix servers are going to 100% CPU utilization and have to be rebooted to function again.

Is this normal with Citrix?

Can I do some tuning to eliminate this problem?

Thanks,
Jacco

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Cluster services and Citrix

JB,

Not sure if this is *normal* as I don't have customers running NCS and
Citrix together. But one thought that came to mind. What Novell Client
version on the Citrix boxes and is there also any ZEN client/agent
installed on the citrix boxes, if so what version?

0 Likes
Absent Member.

I would not have said that was normal. It does depend upon what the
connections are and the protocols... What do the Citrix boxes run?

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:40:09 GMT, JB <jb@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a customer with a 3-node NetWare 6.5 (SP3) cluster presenting fileservices to an 18 server Citrix farm.
>
>This Cluster functions correct, but in event of a fail-over or migrate all of the Citrix servers are going to 100% CPU utilization and have to be rebooted to function again.
>
>Is this normal with Citrix?
>
>Can I do some tuning to eliminate this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>Jacco

Tim
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0 Likes
Absent Member.

The usual office applications.

When I do a test in the lab I can reproduce te problem by making about 20 ica sessions open 20 word documents, 20 excel documents and 20 media player movies. Then when I fail-over (takes about 40 seconds) the Citrix box goes to 100% CPU load an doesn't function anymore without rebooting.

When I do the same test with only 20 word documents open, the user can resume with their work after about 90 seconds.

Jacco
0 Likes
Absent Member.

The following versions are effective:

ZEN Agent: v. 4.0.1.17
Novell Client : 4.90 SP2 Patchkit 'D' + postpatches (lgncx4/ndppnt/novprnt_5/nwdns_5/nwfs_10/nwgina_12/srvloc_4)

Jacco
0 Likes
Absent Member.

As you have a test lab, will you try with just the 20 Excel and 20
media player connections please.

Thanks
Tim
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0 Likes
Absent Member.

You will just have to install some (or all !!!) of those novell patches for the Novell client

I also had this in my production enviroment, It was solved by installing the following software:

Client32 4.90 SP2
PKD + NWFS:SYS_13

It was especially when running Lotus Notes, with the Notes data directory

"JB" <jb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:JWemf.6607$ME5.2115@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
Hi,

I have a customer with a 3-node NetWare 6.5 (SP3) cluster presenting fileservices to an 18 server Citrix farm.

This Cluster functions correct, but in event of a fail-over or migrate all of the Citrix servers are going to 100% CPU utilization and have to be rebooted to function again.

Is this normal with Citrix?

Can I do some tuning to eliminate this problem?

Thanks,
Jacco
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.