Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
8969 views

ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Is there a way to install C1 on a system running Novell Client 2 ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

On 08/07/2010 16:43, Steve Babcock wrote:

> Is there a way to install C1 on a system running Novell Client 2 ?


Do you have a particular Windows OS in mind since Client 2 covers Vista,
Server 2008 and Windows 7?
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partners (TTP) group. See www.novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Not sure it mattered - the error message in installing C1 was that the
client was 'lower' than 4.91

Server 2008 R2 with the latest x64 Novell client

Simon Flood wrote:

> On 08/07/2010 16:43, Steve Babcock wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to install C1 on a system running Novell Client 2 ?

>
> Do you have a particular Windows OS in mind since Client 2 covers
> Vista, Server 2008 and Windows 7?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Steve Babcock,
> Not sure it mattered - the error message in installing C1 was that the
> client was 'lower' than 4.91
>

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7003089&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/1607/running-consoleone-windows-vista-business-edition


- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)


Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
client being lower than 4.91

Anders Gustafsson wrote:

> Steve Babcock,
> > Not sure it mattered - the error message in installing C1 was that
> > the client was 'lower' than 4.91
> >

>

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7003089&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1
>

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/1607/running-consoleone-windows-vista-business-edition
>
>
> - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
>
> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
> releases of Novell products then they should go to
> http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Steve Babcock,
> The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
> client being lower than 4.91
>

OK. Let me ask if anyone has any ideas.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)


Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
grimlock1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

On 7/8/2010 2:50 PM, Anders Gustafsson wrote:
> Steve Babcock,
>> The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
>> client being lower than 4.91
>>

> OK. Let me ask if anyone has any ideas.
>


Didn't the C1 that ships with Groupwise 8 support Windows 7? (And thus
the newer client)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Double-check the values - worked for me several times.


Alternatively, copy this into a file named "c1.reg"
______________________________________
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
"MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
"Compatability"=-


[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
"MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
"Compatability"=-
______________________________________

Then open the file with the Registry Editor (RegEdit)

Wolfgang



"Steve Babcock" <sbabcock@hillhouse.ca> wrote in message
news:CspZn.39380$N74.34506@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
> client being lower than 4.91
>
> Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>
>> Steve Babcock,
>> > Not sure it mattered - the error message in installing C1 was that
>> > the client was 'lower' than 4.91
>> >

>>

> http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7003089&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1
>>

> http://www.novell.com/communities/node/1607/running-consoleone-windows-vista-business-edition
>>
>>
>> - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
>> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>>
>>
>> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
>> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
>> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
>> releases of Novell products then they should go to
>> http://www.novell.com/rms


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Patrick Farrell,
> Didn't the C1 that ships with Groupwise 8 support Windows 7? (And thus
> the newer client)
>

it should work with the Vista/Win7 C1 that is included in the GW801HP1
patch.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)


Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

That worked - I had removed the Compatilbility key ....


Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:

> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
> "MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
> "Compatability"=-
>
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\Cur
> rentVersion] "MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
> "Compatability"=-

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:16:54 +0000, Patrick Farrell wrote:

> On 7/8/2010 2:50 PM, Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>> Steve Babcock,
>>> The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
>>> client being lower than 4.91
>>>

>> OK. Let me ask if anyone has any ideas.
>>
>>

> Didn't the C1 that ships with Groupwise 8 support Windows 7? (And thus
> the newer client)


Yes. But you have to get it from the GW8 distribution. It's not available
separately.


--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Novell Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the newsgroups. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

The entry
>> "Compatability"=-

does exactly that: remove the key.

There probably was something else that had gone wrong.

Wolfgang



"Steve Babcock" <sbabcock@hillhouse.ca> wrote in message
news:TUEZn.39458$N74.2998@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> That worked - I had removed the Compatilbility key ....
>




> Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
>
>> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
>> "MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
>> "Compatability"=-
>>
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\Cur
>> rentVersion] "MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
>> "Compatability"=-


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Steve Babcock,
> That worked - I had removed the Compatilbility key ....
>

OK: Good. FWIW, here is the reply from my contacty at Novell:

"My Win2008 R2 64bit server is standalone. Using the C1 from GW801HP1,
I can manage this standalone system. I can also log into both of my
NetWare servers and manage the GW systems there without any issue. I
have the current Novell client installed on this box but any of the
Win2008/Vista/Win7 Novell clients should work fine."

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)


Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
rgeerts Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ConsoleOne with Novell Client 2

Wolfgang Schreiber;1996684 wrote:
Double-check the values - worked for me several times.


Alternatively, copy this into a file named "c1.reg"
______________________________________
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
"MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
"Compatability"=-


[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Novell\NetWareWorkstation\CurrentVersion]
"MinorVersion"=dword:0000005b
"Compatability"=-
______________________________________

Then open the file with the Registry Editor (RegEdit)

Wolfgang



"Steve Babcock" <sbabcock@hillhouse.ca> wrote in message
news:CspZn.39380$N74.34506@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> The registry fix didn't work either - C1 still complained about the
> client being lower than 4.91
>
> Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>
>> Steve Babcock,
>> > Not sure it mattered - the error message in installing C1 was that
>> > the client was 'lower' than 4.91
>> >

>>

> Installing and Running ConsoleOne on Windows Vista
>>

> Running ConsoleOne on the Windows Vista Business Edition | Novell User Communities
>>
>>
>> - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
>> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>>
>>
>> Novell has a new enhancement request system,
>> or what is now known as the requirement portal.
>> If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
>> releases of Novell products then they should go to
>> http://www.novell.com/rms


I don't see it in this reply with... but there were unwanted spaces in the registry entries in the Netwareworkstation words one above the other
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.