Highlighted
9195010 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Copy/move folders from OES linux (NSS) to OES Linux (NSS)

Hello,

I have to move a few folders, not volumes, from one server to another.
Both servers are OES2 Linux NSS.
The user- and group permissions should also be copied with the data.

When I used Netware, it was easy tot do with the Novell Server Consolidation and Migration Toolkit, but unfortunately the migration from one OES-server to another is not supported.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to copy this data? Of course, setting the permissions manually is not an option:-(

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Copy/move folders from OES linux (NSS) to OES Linux (NSS)

You can use the migfiles command from a terminal window on the destination server to move files with the permissions or just use the NetWare copy utility from a Windows workstations with the Novell client.

Dave

>>> 9195010<9195010@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 7/24/2008 3:56 AM >>>

Hello,

I have to move a few folders, not volumes, from one server to another.
Both servers are OES2 Linux NSS.
The user- and group permissions should also be copied with the data.

When I used Netware, it was easy tot do with the Novell ServerConsolidation and Migration Toolkit, but unfortunately the migrationfrom one OES-server to another is not supported.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to copy this data? Of course, settingthe permissions manually is not an option:-(

Thanks in advance,

Peter-- 9195010------------------------------------------------------------------------9195010's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=22411View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=337440
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Copy/move folders from OES linux (NSS) to OES Linux (NSS

Well,

Did somebody actually tested this? I tried with every syntax combination and nothing happens (migfiles ask for username and pasword and stand still after that).
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Well,

Did somebody actually tested this? I tried with every syntax combination and nothing happens (migfiles ask for username and pasword and stand still after that).
0 Likes
wrusman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i've done several migration using migfiles without a problem

You should see smdr start on the source server, if not try updating sms on the source server to the latest version (i've had this help me out once)
0 Likes
wrusman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

duhh, have to learn to read 😉
i've only done netware - linux migrations this way

You can also move files and use the rights.exe from the sys:\public directory to read and apply rights
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.