atobias
New Member.

Create new volume results in -601 error NDS object not exist

I have created new pool and volume on my OES server. When I created the pool and volume I saw an error -601 NDS object does not exist. How do I get my new volume to show up as an object in eDirectory?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
atobias
New Member.

Re: Create new volume results in -601 error NDS object not e

I forgot to add to original question, my OES version is 2015.1 and SUSE Linux SLES 11 Patch level 4
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Assuming neither the pool nor volume NDS objects have been created i'd start checking the "NSS identity". By default an user object named "servernameadmin" (if the servername is "FS1" the object's name would be "FS1admin") with supervisory rights the the server's context gets created when NSS gets initially configured. Further on this object serves as identity for stuff such as creating volumes. There's no referential integrity for this object, so if it gets deleted / renamed / moved (or it doesn't have the needed rights or the server object gets moved...) the behaviour you encounter would be expected. In such cases you could simply rerun the NSS config workflow in yast.
0 Likes
atobias
New Member.

You were correct, my "servernameadmin" objects were missing. With the help of another person, I was able to find and run the NSS config in yast which did solve the problem. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

An easy one. Often overseen as these service accounts normally get deleted by persons other than those who created them.
0 Likes
srinivaskv Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

how does one run nss config in YAST ? could you give all details? Are your referring to YAST2 or YAST ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

yast2 nss
or
yast nss

whatever you prefer.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.