Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating DNS record

Hi,
Our external facing web server was recently moved to an external hosting provider but when they set it up they set the address as Home - Dilworth School instead of Home - Dilworth School. There is a database backend to this and changing the name of the server would be a major undertaking. The problem is that any emails that are generated from within this website have links pointing to Home - Dilworth School. The company that manages our external DNS records have put in an appropriate record so people outside get sent to the right place but I cannot work out how to do this internally.
When I go to create a resource record in the DNS/DHCP management console it insists that I must fill in the owner name field so I am not sure how to get around this.

thanks

Keith
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you tried creating a record with an '@' for the leaf portion (instead
of 'www')?

Good luck.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks - that worked. Windows would not let me do it - tried to create a DNS key when I asked it to create a resource record. Running the DNS/DHCP management console directly on the server worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.