Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
socratease Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating Volumes

I have installed 6.5 sp8 and now I need to setup volumes. I have a partition of 25.9 gig. I want to setup 2 volumes of equal size. I cannot access the remote user interface. when I type in the ip address of the server I gett a page cannot be displayed. How can I gain access to my server to setup the traditional volumes
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Re: Creating Volumes

socratease;2010742 wrote:
I have installed 6.5 sp8 and now I need to setup volumes. I have a partition of 25.9 gig. I want to setup 2 volumes of equal size. I cannot access the remote user interface. when I type in the ip address of the server I gett a page cannot be displayed. How can I gain access to my server to setup the traditional volumes

Try https://foo:8009 and see if NORM is alive and well.

If you only have access to the console, NSSMU is the tool to use.

You can enable SSH, RCONSOLE, ... using INETCFG.

-- Bob
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I tried your suggestions and was unsuccessful. I was wondering that since I have Netware 6 that if I installed it and setup my volumes there if I could then upgrade to 6.5 and if my dettings would stay the same?
0 Likes
jgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is this a new server? On the server, is portal loading, you will need that for NRM to work. As well as HTTPS. Why are you wanting to create traditinal volumes? If I were you, I would go nss.

jgray
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Why use nss volumes are they better. If I add another drive how will that work?
0 Likes
jgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

They are much better. They have updated code, traditional code has not been worked on for years. NSS volumes have less problems and they are easier to fix if there is a problem.

Yes, by adding in another drive, you will be able to use nssmu to set it up as an nss volume.
There are serveral different utilities that can be used to migrate the data from the traditional volume to the nss volume.

jgray
0 Likes
Absent Member.

With NSS volumes I am only able to make volumes of 8 gig why is that. I want largre volumes than that
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Socratease,
> With NSS volumes I am only able to make volumes of 8 gig why is that. I
> want largre volumes than that
>

Because you need unpartitioned space to set up NSS.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Is it possible to use th Netware 6.5 license with SUSE 9 OES?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Socratease,
> Is it possible to use th Netware 6.5 license with SUSE 9 OES?
>

No, that is a different license.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.