Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DFS VLDB replica site on mixed platform?

It's impossibile, DFS it's a nightmare!

How can I deploy DFS in my network if I can't manage it ?
I've opened a SR with Novell about that issue.

If Novell support don't solve this issue, I'm also obliged to abandon DFS ... last year I was obliged to abandon a ZCM project because patch management and policy had many issues.

I'm also on a SENTINEL RD now for a customer. I'm not specialized on that products and I've contacted an european Novell Partner that saying me that they are on training on that product and have some issue in implementing it.

I've opened a SR also for SENTINEL RD.

I'm very demoralized and also my customers, every products is becaming too much complex to install, configure and manage. Follow the documentation is not enough, follow ATT is not enough.

Hope you are much lucky than me.

Giovanni Coa
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DFS VLDB replica site on mixed platform?

vtsantiago;1854824 wrote:
kjhurni,

were you also seeing this error on your /var/log/messages file when you were getting the "Storage Error Cannot connect" on imanager.

adminus daemon[6731]: Jetstream connection timed out (startTime = 1252592855)

VTS

To be honest, I'm not sure. It was a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure if it's still in there.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.