Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
iblackwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DFS - error creating junction

Hi,

I have a OES2 Linux server with NSS volume. Let us call him ServerA.

ServerA is my VLDB replica, and also the NSS volume has a folder called "Common" which I am creating junctions under.

I created a DFS Management context which encompasses the whole tree.

I then have a Server which we will call ServerB.

ServerB is NetWare SP8.

I have created DFS Junctions (using iManager on another OES2 Linux box) pointing from ServerA\Volume\Common to ServerB\Volume\Data.

This all works as expected.

I then try on other NetWare 6.5 servers to do the same thing, I get "-603 - eDirectory Error - Object attribute does not exist."

This is in the same tree, in the same DFS management context. The NetWare servers are all built the same.

If I go in "Manage Replica Sites" and select the problem server, it shows the correct DFS Management Context and replica server (ServerA).

All these servers were in the tree when I added the DFS Management context. Nothing has been renamed.

A VLDB repair doesn't change things.

Any thoughts ???

Cheers
Ian
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
iblackwood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DFS - error creating junction

Further info:

I have found the volume objects that have a problem as being target do not have the DFS-Volume-GUID edirectory attribute.

The only relevant TID says that a VLDB repair would fix this - but I have done that (choosing the search eDir search option) and it doesn't fix it.

I will do some digging into the eDir replication.

Cheers
Ian
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.