Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
siraeryn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DFS not showing in iManager

I have installed the plugin for Distributed File Services in iManager; however, DFS does not show up in the list of Roles and Tasks. If I go to Configure, then it is listed there under Role Based Services2.

I want to move a Volume from one pool to another. DFS is used to maintain the pointers. I understood that DFS was part of the NSS system so should not have required any additional installation in OES.
Would there be something missing on the backend that would prevent the plugin from working? How do I find what it is?

Server is OES11 SP1.

Thanks for any help.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DFS not showing in iManager

This is VERY outdated code. Anyway, provided the corresponding npm file is installed, just to rule out RBS issues, in iManager -> Configure -> iManager Server -> Configure iManager -> RBS: tick "Force Unrestricted Access" and retry.
If you don't have this checkbox (as your codebase is pretty old, did i mention this?) you can place the following

<setting>
<name><![CDATA[RBS.forceUnrestricted]]></name>
<value><![CDATA[true]]></value>
</setting>

in your config.xml and restart tomcat.
siraeryn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Force Unrestricted Access worked to show DFS. I set up a management context. Checked novell-dfs is now running.
However, when I try to move a volume, in Volume Job Control it shows state as "Login Failed"
I am logged into iManager as Admin. Is this not sufficient?

I am moving the volume to a new pool on the same server.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

As long as admin has the correct rights (which is not necessarily the case) there should be no problems. Do you see anything relevant in
/var/opt/novell/log/dfs/vlrpr.log
and
/var/log/messages
?
Is iManager running on the same server the pools are residing?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.