afiore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DHCP - DNS Suffix Search List Option

Good Afternoon,

I guess it's been a while since I visited the forum ... it has an all new look !

Anyway, I have been trying to get DHCP to push out a DNS Suffix Search List and it has not been working for me. I have discovered that what ever I put for a Domain Name in my DHCP Subnet "Addressing " tab ends up in the DNS Suffix Search List when I do an "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt.

By the way, I am using the Java DHCP Console, OES Netware SP7, and a Windows XP Pro Workstation.

I have tried adding a Global Option 119 and/or 135, but they don't seem to do anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on tracking this down, or know of any further documentation ?

Thank you,

Tony
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DHCP - DNS Suffix Search List Option

You're best to post to the DNS-DHCP newsgroup.

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
afiore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

With this new interface, I can't find the DNS-DHCP newgroup.

I'll keep looking ... Thanks
0 Likes
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You may want to try using NNTP (port 110) and point it to
forums.novell.com ..

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

0 Likes
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From the NNTP side, the newsgroup name is:

novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

0 Likes
snidelydev Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hahaha, a good hint -- yesterday, I missed looking in the right place to point Tony to, but today I find it at Dns-Dhcp - NOVELL FORUMS

Almost as bad as wandering the cube farm to find where that other engineer is hiding.

/dps

0 Likes
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

snidelydev wrote:

> Almost as bad as wandering the cube farm to find where that other
> engineer is hiding.

LOL! Good analogy!

--

Peter
eDirectory Rules!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.