Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DHCP Shared Network?

Hi guys, when do I need to use a SHARED NETWORK object for my DHCP servers?
My servers is on like
172.17.0.0 and my clients has 172.18.1... to 172.22.240... 24bit netmask.
VLAN spanning on WAN links...

How to properly configure DHCP for this environment? Do I need more than one
DHCP server? I'm using
iphelper in the ciscorouters.

Thx.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
carnold6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DHCP Shared Network?

Not sure if this helps but i just configured DHCP on OES2 for 2 subnets. What i had to do because the 2 subnets shared the same "wire" was use shared network <name> and deny users from other subnets while allowing client from other subnets. I also got alot of good help from the dhsp-users mailing list (you might also try man dhcp.conf). If you like, i could post my dhcp.conf file. Let me know

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.