obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

DL360 G8 & Upgrade to OES2018SP1

Perfect ...

There is an old HP-Server (DL360 G8 (from 2013)) with old Firmware and without a HP contract. During the upgrade to OES2018SP1 I can not choose the installation partition. The list is empty. I assume that the needed driver is not loaded because the driver is not available ...

Are there hints how I get the needed driver to run the upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: DL360 G8 & Upgrade to OES2018SP1

Unfortunately i currently don't have a gen8 box at hands, but you might want to try with the kernel commandline option

hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1

Depending on the array controller used it you might be caught in the cciss / hpsa race. Which controller is used and which driver (cciss / hpsa) was active for it in the previous OES version?

0 Likes
obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thx, but this does not do the trick ...

Customer stops the upgrade because he is in migration to NTFS =8-O

0 Likes
crashmaster18 Contributor.
Contributor.

DL360 G7 and G8's run SLES12 SP3/4 just fine, in my experience. We've even offline upgraded a few from SLE 11 with no issues (Not recommended by SUSE, but you know how customers can be). We have not done this with OES since the few servers we have left under our support are all virtual, but since OES 2018.1 is based on SLE 12 SP3, what is the error you see exactly during offline upgrade?

0 Likes
crashmaster18 Contributor.
Contributor.

"Depending on the array controller used it you might be caught in the cciss / hpsa race. Which controller is used and which driver (cciss / hpsa) was active for it in the previous OES version?"

Oh I remember this - this *was* painful. Sometimes you have to blacklist CCISS (under SLE 11 anyway). TID 7014067 used to work for us;

https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=7014067

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Even the firmware revision could make a difference.

Unfortunately the original poster never mentioned the type of array controller and its FW level.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

@obscurityPrivacy 

You are asking lots of questions in these forums and we are happy to help. In return we ask that you let us know if one of our suggestions has resolved your issue (Accept as Solution) or if you have resolved it on your own. This helps others who may have a similar issue identify the correct solution.

We appreciate your feedback.

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.