Captain
Captain

DNS Server forward clients to outdated www ip address

Hi all,

i've got the problem that our 4 dns-servers of our oes 2018 currently
forward the clients to an outdated ip of a www address.

Detailed explanation:

I change the A-Name DNS Record of our company website's www address at our
hosting provider to a new ip address. But our dns-servers currently forward the clients
to the old ip address because they don't have update the new ip address.

I just try rcnovell-named restart and rndc reload/flush but without any effects.

So the question is how can i update the dns cache manually or how
can i assign the correct ip to the www address manually?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Captain
Captain

ping shows me now the correct ip, but when i try to access our website
its still not possible - i don't know why.

Here is a screenshot how it looks like screen.jpg

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Very good news - it WORKS now!!!

After the whole reconfiguration i flush now also the dns cache of the firewall - and that was the last blockade!

Thank you very much for your patience and help - you get me on the right way to solve this problem!

Stay healthy

Greets,
Tom

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Glad to help. Take care.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.