Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DNS cache flushing and quicker DNS zone transfer

Our organization is on the verge of changing over IP addresses for the network. What I need to know is:

1. Is there a way to flush the DNS cache from the NS that has been tried and verified?

2. Is there a way to force DNS zone transfers from the servers as to update the local NS in a more timely manner?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DNS cache flushing and quicker DNS zone transfer

What you need to do is change the SOA record for the DNS zone and use a very small TTL. You have to do it a couple of days before your actual address change. This will ensure that all other DNS servers will cache the information for a very short time only and any change on the primary will quickly reflect to other DNS servers.

MrMafia;2045470 wrote:
Our organization is on the verge of changing over IP addresses for the network. What I need to know is:

1. Is there a way to flush the DNS cache from the NS that has been tried and verified?

2. Is there a way to force DNS zone transfers from the servers as to update the local NS in a more timely manner?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DNS cache flushing and quicker DNS zone transfer

MrMafia;2045470 wrote:

Am I wrong, or is this a double-post? Please see response to other post.
0 Likes
Highlighted
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.