Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Audrius_Verseck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DNS on OES2 Linux

Hi,

can not start Novell DNS on OES2... Configure it with iManager... It seems to load (iManager states that it is loaded) but I can see that it is not loaded. Some times it is loaded but after short time dies... Where I have to search for problems?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: DNS on OES2 Linux

Audrius_Verseckas;1526460 wrote:
Hi,

can not start Novell DNS on OES2... Configure it with iManager... It seems to load (iManager states that it is loaded) but I can see that it is not loaded. Some times it is loaded but after short time dies... Where I have to search for problems?

O and forget to ask is there any other way to configure Novell DNS on OES2 Linux? Not with iManager?

Thank you.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need to use iManager if you really want to have DNS integrated in eDir.
If not, you can use bind/named
for more classic DNS on linux..

For troubleshooting, check your /var/log/messages for error messages
regarding named/novell-named.

"Audrius Verseckas" <Audrius_Verseckas@no-mx.forums.novell.com> skrev i
meddelandet news:Audrius_Verseckas.376pmo@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> Audrius_Verseckas;1526460 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can not start Novell DNS on OES2... Configure it with iManager... It
>> seems to load (iManager states that it is loaded) but I can see that it
>> is not loaded. Some times it is loaded but after short time dies...
>> Where I have to search for problems?

>
> O and forget to ask is there any other way to configure Novell DNS on
> OES2 Linux? Not with iManager?
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> --
> Audrius_Verseckas
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Audrius_Verseckas's Profile:
> http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6234
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=322180
>

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Anders Bengtsson;1526615 wrote:
You need to use iManager if you really want to have DNS integrated in eDir.
If not, you can use bind/named
for more classic DNS on linux..

For troubleshooting, check your /var/log/messages for error messages
regarding named/novell-named.

If I understand correctly named (Bind) is classic DNS on Linux. It is working as caching DNS (because I do not configure it, just started it) on my OES2 installation. Of cause I stopped it when I try to launch novell-named. novell-named is Novell DNS, yes? Do I have to configure it to fully use ZCM 10 or I can configure classic Linux DNS/Bind? My goal is ZCM 10 installation and use.
When configure Novell DNS could you describe simple steps I have to do to get it working? I have one server with SLES10SP1 and GroupWise and eDirectory on it. On second server I have OES2 installation with Novell DNS and DHCP. When I login in iManager to configure DNS, do I have to login to OES2 server or SLES server (to eDirectory tree)?

Thank you for any input. I am new to Novell/Linux and just start my learnings...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.