obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

DSfW: ADC -> PDC

I do not use MS. And so I am not really close to the needs for an AD.

But there are a old DSfW (OES2015SP1) as a PDC and a newer ADC (OES2018SP1). Now I want to eliminate the old DSfW-Host (OES2015SP1).

I have installed OES2018SP1 on a new host. But when I try to configure DSfW (New Domain Controller in an existing Domain Services for Windows Domain) I get a message that the first root domain controller has to be the same version as the ADC.

Now I found two questions:

a) How I get the PDC role from the old DSfW-Host to the new one?

b) Why I was able to add the existing ADC (OES2018SP1)?

Any hints?

0 Likes
1 Reply
obscurityPrivacy Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Betreff: DSfW: ADC -> PDC

Meanwhile I found a nice command line to move the 5 main FSMO-Roles to a´n other host. (Move-ADDirectoryServerOperationMasterRole -Identity “Target_DC_Name” –OperationMasterRole 0,1,2,3,4 -Confirm:$false -Force)
I try these from a Server2019 witch is a member of the domain. But I get a message that the target host does not run the AD Web-Services.

Any hints?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.