Highlighted
reddragon27284 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Migration issues NW6sp5 > OES2-L sp2

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate data from our old NW6 sp5 server to a new OES2 Linux (SLES 10) sp2 server.

I have used both 'miggui' and 'migfiles' but both give the same error messages:

Error: nbackup: source server codepage is missing use 'usecodeset' option to specify the source code page
Fatal: Failed to get version information of source TSAFS

I tried specifying the codepage (850) but was rewarded with:

Fatal: --usecodeset option can be specified only for NetWare 5.1 source server

Here is an example of the syntax I am using with the migfiles command:

migfiles -s 192.168.9.248 -V DATA4:Computer -x /media/nss/DATA2/ -i

Can anyone help?

Cheers. 🙂
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Data Migration issues NW6sp5 > OES2-L sp2

Make sure your TSAFS files are on updated to the latest files. I had similar error messages when doing data migrations through miggui.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'd also upgrade to at least NW 6.5.7 or 6.5.8 prior to any migration. Granted, that would also update your TSA code.
0 Likes
reddragon27284 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That seemed to do the trick.

Cheers 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.