Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
669 views

Daylight Saving Time

We will need to change the settings for the Daylight Saving Time and I have
a couple of questions. Can I edit the autoexec and change it manually there
instead of running DSTSHIFT.NLM since we only have 6 servers? Do we need to
restart the server after making the change? Our servers are 6.5 with
service pack 5. Thank you.


Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Ana,
> Can I edit the autoexec and change it manually there
> instead of running DSTSHIFT.NLM since we only have 6 servers? Do we need to
> restart the server after making the change? Our servers are 6.5 with
> service pack 5. Thank you.


No restart needed, provided that you use the NLM or if you enter the set
commands manually or through MONITOR.NLM (and change autoexec accordingly)


- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
NSC Volunteer Sysop
Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Thank you.
"Anders Gustafsson" <dalton@nomail.to.me> wrote in message
news:VA.00002356.000d05ef@nomail.to.me...
> Ana,
>> Can I edit the autoexec and change it manually there
>> instead of running DSTSHIFT.NLM since we only have 6 servers? Do we need
>> to
>> restart the server after making the change? Our servers are 6.5 with
>> service pack 5. Thank you.

>
> No restart needed, provided that you use the NLM or if you enter the set
> commands manually or through MONITOR.NLM (and change autoexec accordingly)
>
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
> NSC Volunteer Sysop
> Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Daylight Saving Time

I just finished using DSTSHIFT.NLM on 59 servers.
It works great. I highly recommend.
I would think much faster and also takes the human error factor out of the
equation.

Linda

> We will need to change the settings for the Daylight Saving Time and I have
> a couple of questions. Can I edit the autoexec and change it manually there
> instead of running DSTSHIFT.NLM since we only have 6 servers? Do we need to
> restart the server after making the change? Our servers are 6.5 with
> service pack 5. Thank you.
>
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Daylight Saving Time

If you are running NW 6.5, I have read that you also need to do a Java update. TID 3980430 is very staightforward. I have done that update also and believe it or not does not require a reboot of the server.
Kathy

>>> On Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 12:40 PM, <lcurtx@edu.com> wrote:


I just finished using DSTSHIFT.NLM on 59 servers.
It works great. I highly recommend.
I would think much faster and also takes the human error factor out of the
equation.

Linda

> We will need to change the settings for the Daylight Saving Time and I have
> a couple of questions. Can I edit the autoexec and change it manually there
> instead of running DSTSHIFT.NLM since we only have 6 servers? Do we need to
> restart the server after making the change? Our servers are 6.5 with
> service pack 5. Thank you.
>
>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.