Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
brianrbenson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Desperately need help with OES Linux iManager

uh, ya... uidNumber 0 is reserved for root and you have a bunch of users with it.

Umm, maybe the best way to proceed is to use C1 or iMan and delete all of the linux attributs of the admin account and those other users with UIDnumber of 0. also, set the admin UID to admin.

then go back to the admingroup, and re-LUM enable it and its group members... should give admin a reasonable uidNumber.

After that restart nam and nscd
rcnam restart
rcnscd restart

then try again
`id admin`

Touchstone Technology Network Consulting Engineer www.touchstonetech.com
0 Likes
rkatcher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hallelujah! That seems to have done it. Thank you so much for getting me past this roadblock. Now I can continue with the tasks I was working on when this cropped up.
0 Likes
brianrbenson1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for reporting back. Glad to help.
-Brian

Touchstone Technology Network Consulting Engineer www.touchstonetech.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.