grpadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Different abends at different times

I keep on getting different abends, could it be a hardware issue ? I started from sp6, and applied sp7 with other post sp7 patches, but still getting abends. What makes it interesting is something like
"Deadlock detected waiting for spinlock currently owned by CPU 25" or it could be CPU f7.I have attached CONFIG.TXT and some abends. If someone could help.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Different abends at different times

The last abends are abends in a driver (abends at interrupt time). A poential culpit could be the lan driver q57.lan which is quite oudated. You could try the latest version available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=be&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=459045&swItem=MTX-e81fe2a79ac246e193663648fa&prodNameId=3279709&swEnvOID=1064&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3
More generally speaking, I would recommend using SP8 over SP7. SP8 has been released quite sonme time ago and has proven to be more stable than SP7. As such, there is no rarely a benefit in installing SP7 instead of SP8 these days.
0 Likes
grpadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks

Marcel_Cox;1808080 wrote:
The last abends are abends in a driver (abends at interrupt time). A poential culpit could be the lan driver q57.lan which is quite oudated. You could try the latest version available here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=be&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=459045&swItem=MTX-e81fe2a79ac246e193663648fa&prodNameId=3279709&swEnvOID=1064&swLang=8&taskId=135&mode=3
More generally speaking, I would recommend using SP8 over SP7. SP8 has been released quite sonme time ago and has proven to be more stable than SP7. As such, there is no rarely a benefit in installing SP7 instead of SP8 these days.
0 Likes
grpadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When trying to apply sp8, I lost the replica on the server. But after fixing the NDS on ther server, everything is ok, no abends any more. So I think the whole problem was with nds db on the server, may be it was corrupt.

Marcel_Cox;1808080 wrote:
HP ProLiant ML350 G4p Server series -  HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Driver for NetWare - HP Business Support Center
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.