Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Drive mapping incorrect after server restart

This is something I have noticed on the windows client as well. After a server is rebooted any client that had drives mapped to that server will end up with the mapping pointing to the wrong volume. For instance I had S mapped to \\fubar5\web: and needed to reboot server fubar5. After the reboot S still showed mapped to \\fubar5\web: but browsing shows it's actually browsing \\fubar5\temp: Even disconnecting and reconnecting the mapping or mapping to a different location (Z for instance) results in the wrong volumes contents showing up. I can map to a subdirectory on the volume and get the correct contents. I can also map to any volume that wasn't mapped at the time of the reset and get the correct volume. On a windows workstation the only way to fix this is to reboot the machine. This really isn't an acceptable solution for a server. Also I do not get the issue with the windows client on XP (x86) machines only on Windows 7 64 bit and my OES 11 server 64bit.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Drive mapping incorrect after server restart

On 05/21/2013 02:36 AM, FUBAR wrote:
>
> This is something I have noticed on the windows client as well. After a
> server is rebooted any client that had drives mapped to that server will
> end up with the mapping pointing to the wrong volume. For instance I
> had S mapped to \\fubar5\web: and needed to reboot server fubar5. After
> the reboot S still showed mapped to \\fubar5\web: but browsing shows
> it's actually browsing \\fubar5\temp: Even disconnecting and
> reconnecting the mapping or mapping to a different location (Z for
> instance) results in the wrong volumes contents showing up. I can map
> to a subdirectory on the volume and get the correct contents. I can
> also map to any volume that wasn't mapped at the time of the reset and
> get the correct volume. On a windows workstation the only way to fix
> this is to reboot the machine. This really isn't an acceptable solution
> for a server. Also I do not get the issue with the windows client on
> XP (x86) machines only on Windows 7 64 bit and my OES 11 server 64bit.
>
>

fixed on latest novell client build
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is that build available? I had all updates installed as of about 4 days ago. Installed updates again today and saw nothing for the client.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FYI, I just had this problem happen again. Latest Client (Client 2 SP3 IR4), OES11SP1 patched today. Rebooted server, and my drive mappings are incorrect again.
When I relogin, they will be correct again.
Is there any solution to this? Users are very concerned when they see files that don't belong to them..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had the same issue over the weekend.
OES2sp3 server (to be upgraded to 11 next month).
Client 2 SP3 for Windows (IR6).

Any idea?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is the forum for the Client on a Linux Desktop. You want this forum
https://forums.novell.com/forumdisplay.php/428-OES-Client-Windows

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.