Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error updating eDirectory info on a Pool

Hi all,

I have several problems with pools/imanager. Main problem is that when I am updating eDirectory info
for a pool, I have a great error:

Error: Storage Error
IPRINT_POOL: Cannot update eDirectory for this pool. Error Number: Unknown error with error code: -672.

I have to say that I have deleted this pool and recreating again, I think that first time I dont have any errors.

The other error is when I try to create a pool via "cluster options" on the selected cluster, (selecting the cluster, click on new, pool)
when I write the name of the pool (then press TAB to write the IP), I have

Error: Clustering Error
Unknown error with error code: 499.

Any help will be welcome, I am a little lost with this thing... 😞
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error updating eDirectory info on a Pool

Updated NSS info on eDirectory solved, user SERVERadmin was missing on eDirectory.

Now, my problem is that I cant see pools on the second node on the cluster. If I run nss /pools I dont see anything, but I can see the cluster SBD partition and a 5 GB disk (this disks is used on the first node for the NSS Pool).

The second node is a virtual node, which has assigned the LUN of the shared disk.

Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error updating eDirectory info on a Pool

You can try a couple of things since the disk is visible there (even though the problem is in device or file system).

1. Try to read the first sector from the disk.

Example:

dd iflag=direct count=1 bs=512 if=/dev/sda > /dev/null

Replace "sda" with the name of your shared disk.

2. If you can read from the disk, run "evms_activate" and check again.

If none of the above works, please post it on NSS/Storage forum.

Regards,

Changju

antoniogutierrez;2118399 wrote:
Updated NSS info on eDirectory solved, user SERVERadmin was missing on eDirectory.

Now, my problem is that I cant see pools on the second node on the cluster. If I run nss /pools I dont see anything, but I can see the cluster SBD partition and a 5 GB disk (this disks is used on the first node for the NSS Pool).

The second node is a virtual node, which has assigned the LUN of the shared disk.

Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.