Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
956 views

Expanding SYS Pool

Good Morning,

Currently running NW6.5, SP2 with a 4GB SYS volume. For some reason SYS is
down to 75MB. Can I easily expand the SYS pool size with some free space I
have set aside through NRM or is it not recommended?

Thanks,
Rachelle
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

Rachelle,

> Currently running NW6.5, SP2 with a 4GB SYS volume. For some reason SYS is
> down to 75MB. Can I easily expand the SYS pool size with some free space I
> have set aside through NRM or is it not recommended?


Yes - you can expand the pool using NRM (https://server ip:8009) or
NSSMU.NLM, but you may wish to find out where the space is going first
rather than just throwing free space at it.


--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's happening.
Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any ideas on what
to check?

>>> Hamish Speirs<hamish@haitch.net> 11/9/2005 7:24:22 AM >>>

Rachelle,

> Currently running NW6.5, SP2 with a 4GB SYS volume. For some reason SYS

is
> down to 75MB. Can I easily expand the SYS pool size with some free space

I
> have set aside through NRM or is it not recommended?


Yes - you can expand the pool using NRM (https://server ip:8009) or
NSSMU.NLM, but you may wish to find out where the space is going first
rather than just throwing free space at it.


--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

Rachelle <Mulconrey<RMulconrey@dupagecu.com>> wrote:

> I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's
> happening. Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any
> ideas on what to check?


You've already checked purgeable space? Queues?

You can also use NRM to get some ideas; On the Volumes screen, click the
little "i" icon next to the volume; the top of the page shows the used vs
free pie chart, and there are some relevant options in the list below.

/dps

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

Purgeable space is only 4k. Queues are fine.

>>> Dave Schneider<dave.schneider@emulex.com> 11/9/2005 1:13:29 PM >>>

Rachelle <Mulconrey<RMulconrey@dupagecu.com>> wrote:

> I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's
> happening. Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any
> ideas on what to check?


You've already checked purgeable space? Queues?

You can also use NRM to get some ideas; On the Volumes screen, click the
little "i" icon next to the volume; the top of the page shows the used vs
free pie chart, and there are some relevant options in the list below.

/dps

--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

Rachelle,

> I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's happening.
> Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any ideas on what
> to check?


Run the Volume Inventory report in NRM - it'll give indications of where
space is going.


--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

I don't see anything that stands out....I'm going to watch it over the next
couple weeks to see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice.

>>> Hamish Speirs<hamish@haitch.net> 11/9/2005 2:36:48 PM >>>

Rachelle,

> I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's happening.


> Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any ideas on

what
> to check?


Run the Volume Inventory report in NRM - it'll give indications of where
space is going.


--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Expanding SYS Pool

Check your apache log files in sys:\apache2\logs. Sometimes depending on
the log level selected they can take up alot of space. There are access
logs and error logs.

> I don't see anything that stands out....I'm going to watch it over the

next
> couple weeks to see what happens.
>
> Thanks for all the advice.
>
> >>> Hamish Speirs<hamish@haitch.net> 11/9/2005 2:36:48 PM >>>

> Rachelle,
>
> > I have been looking at that and can't seem to figure out what's

happening.
>
> > Everything looks normal. My _SWAP_.MEM file looks fine. Any ideas on

> what
> > to check?

>
> Run the Volume Inventory report in NRM - it'll give indications of where
> space is going.
>
>
> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)
>
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.