wendlije Absent Member.
Absent Member.
831 views

Finding out Version of Server already installed

This might seam like a stupid questions but how do I go about finding out what version OES is running on a linux server.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Finding out Version of Server already installed

wendlije;2336518 wrote:
This might seam like a stupid questions but how do I go about finding out what version OES is running on a linux server.


For OES take a look in /etc/novell-release and for SLES /etc/SuSE-release

Thomas
0 Likes
wendlije Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Finding out Version of Server already installed

Thank you, simple enough.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Finding out Version of Server already installed

On 15/10/2014 14:26, thsundel wrote:

> For OES take a look in /etc/novell-release and for SLES
> /etc/SuSE-release


Best thing to do is "cat /etc/*release" which will check both files (if
they exist) because with OES it also matters which version of SLES is
running.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
elagrew Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Finding out Version of Server already installed

smflood;2336659 wrote:
On 15/10/2014 14:26, thsundel wrote:

> For OES take a look in /etc/novell-release and for SLES
> /etc/SuSE-release


Best thing to do is "cat /etc/*release" which will check both files (if
they exist) because with OES it also matters which version of SLES is
running.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------


Save a couple of keystrokes...

cat /etc/*lease

🙂

--El

El LaGrew elbert.lagrew#katun.com elagrew on twitter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.