Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FreeRADIUS rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous searc

While working on making FreeRADIUS integrate with our eDirecotry I keep running into the error “rlm_ldap: object not found or got ambiguous search result” when the RADIUS server is checking for a user name in eDirecotry. I can see that the RADIUS server has made a connection to our LDAP server and it reports bind successful. I’ve tried the steps in TID 3006244 with no luck. Can anyone offer some suggestion on this one?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'd enable LDAP tracing on the LDAP server to see what it's looking for.

Odds are one of the .conf files on the freeradius isn't setup properly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.