Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ftp issue (and some netstorage and iFolder as well)

Nw 6.5Sp8 updated ftp to the latest patch.

My issue is very simple: It only list the files to a certain point in a directory. So is there a parameter I need to set in order to get it to read all, or is it not just possible to read all the way, or is it related to my ftp-client (fireftp in firefox - not very likely as I never have seen it before but it can be)?

So I tried to use iFolder and/or Netstorage from the web interface. No problem I can see all files, but retrieving don't work. Right click download and nothing happens. I must admit I found a workaround yesterday, but I have forgotten what I did - at the time it was just important to get a grip at the file.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Ftp issue (and some netstorage and iFolder as well)

I can speak to the FTP side... but not iFolder or NetStorage.

There may be a file name in the directory which contains special double-byte character which does not translate into anything in the server's local code page. When that is encountered, an FTP dir list will stop at that point. Sometimes you can identify such a file by it's unusual characters (when viewed by some protocol which supports unicode or UTF8) and delete or rename it in order for the full directory to be processed through methods that require translate to local code page. There are some other work-arounds possible as well. For some more reference, see Support | NetWare FTP is not displaying UNICODE / UTF8 / double-byte filenames
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:06:01 +0000, SteenGrode wrote:

> Nw 6.5Sp8 updated ftp to the latest patch.
>
> My issue is very simple: It only list the files to a certain point in a
> directory. So is there a parameter I need to set in order to get it to
> read all, or is it not just possible to read all the way, or is it
> related to my ftp-client (fireftp in firefox - not very likely as I
> never have seen it before but it can be)?

What happens if you use actual ftp, not some GUI browser plugin ftp thing?

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 16/08/2013 20:06, dpartrid wrote:

> I can speak to the FTP side... but not iFolder or NetStorage.

The same cause may also affect iFolder and NetStorage.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Technology Transfer
Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found what the ftp does not like a " ' " (like in consumer's) in a file name. So away with those and it works. In general it does not mind filenames with æ, ø and å but I can't fetch those as the ftp interface see them different from the ftp-server (it has always been like that). Is there anyway to set both ends to read localized characters in the same manner or do I have to rename files?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.