UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Function Free received Invalid Pointer 0x00006565

Hello, we have a server running:

- Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 (The last released server pack)
- Groupwise 8.0.3 HP1, with all agents updated to 8.0.3

This server recently, without any software changes, network changes, or physical hardware changes, is now displaying the error message:

As far as we can tell, it's group wise related, as it only happens when we load GWIA. Within a 5 to 20 minute windows, after GWIA is loaded, the server will first display:

Then server performs several small abends...after that is abends FULLY and reboots....
We looked in the abend log...and there are no abends recorded since 2010....not sure why...

Here is a list of what we tried so far, when this started happening this morning:
1. Cleaned all temp/log files out of Apache and tomcat
2. Cleaned away any useless temp files we saw
3. Renamed all groupwise processing folders such as PRC.000 etc etc, PRC.000_OLD etc (So that they are recreated, incase a message is stuck
4. Let the MTA and POA run without the GWIA, they seem to happily run with no abends
5. Load the GWIA (Within 5 to 10 minutes, server abends)
6. Applied Groupwise patch 8.0.3 Hp1, for all agents (Groupwise) We were on 8.0.2 before this, when we started experiencing the problem
7. Mail server does load all comports including GWIA, and mail processes perfects, but server still amends after 5 - 20 minutes (Same problem as on 8.0.2) patch does not fix issue..

Of course before it abends, the same error message occurs, IE: Function Free received Invalid Pointer 0x00006565

Not sure why it is happening, out of current ideas.....
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think maybe I posted this in the wrong place, since I now know it's GWIA related, I will post it there.....

Techlord;2338426 wrote:
Hello, we have a server running:

- Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 (The last released server pack)
- Groupwise 8.0.3 HP1, with all agents updated to 8.0.3

This server recently, without any software changes, network changes, or physical hardware changes, is now displaying the error message:

As far as we can tell, it's group wise related, as it only happens when we load GWIA. Within a 5 to 20 minute windows, after GWIA is loaded, the server will first display:

Then server performs several small abends...after that is abends FULLY and reboots....
We looked in the abend log...and there are no abends recorded since 2010....not sure why...

Here is a list of what we tried so far, when this started happening this morning:
1. Cleaned all temp/log files out of Apache and tomcat
2. Cleaned away any useless temp files we saw
3. Renamed all groupwise processing folders such as PRC.000 etc etc, PRC.000_OLD etc (So that they are recreated, incase a message is stuck
4. Let the MTA and POA run without the GWIA, they seem to happily run with no abends
5. Load the GWIA (Within 5 to 10 minutes, server abends)
6. Applied Groupwise patch 8.0.3 Hp1, for all agents (Groupwise) We were on 8.0.2 before this, when we started experiencing the problem
7. Mail server does load all comports including GWIA, and mail processes perfects, but server still amends after 5 - 20 minutes (Same problem as on 8.0.2) patch does not fix issue..

Of course before it abends, the same error message occurs, IE: Function Free received Invalid Pointer 0x00006565

Not sure why it is happening, out of current ideas.....
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Techlord,
> I think maybe I posted this in the wrong place, since I now know it's
> GWIA related, I will post it there.....

Yes, also you might consider upgrading to 2012 or 2014

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.