Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help with ifolder client on windows connect through dyndns

Hello,

I've been searching the forums for an answer to my problem and noticed the following post made reference to being able to connect through dyndns.com, but the details were not discussed.

The post I'm referring too is:

http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/ifolder/322506-server-status-offline.html#post1841910

I'm connecting to ifolder server 3.7 (installed on Ubuntu Jaunty Server edition) with a windows 3.7.2.0 client. I have a firewall rule setup to pass through a non-standard ifolder port. I can connect to my ifolder server and admin through firefox using my dyndns.com account name and the port I've setup through my firewall. But when I use the same dyndsn.com account name in my ifolder client, I get an error message.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Help with ifolder client on windows connect through dynd

Here's the error message I receive when I try to connect to my ifolder server from a Windows client:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
at System.UriBuilder.get_Uri()
at Simias.DomainServices.DomainAgent.Attach(String host, String user, String password)
at Simias.Web.SimiasService.ConnectToDomain(String UserName, String Password, String Host)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I've tried searching for a reason to the message 'hostname could not be parsed', but nothing is coming up with regards to ifolder.

I can connect through my browser without a problem. What could be wrong with the client setup that doesn't allow me to connect?

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.