Commander
Commander

How to add DHCP Option 156

I'm looking to create a DHCP with DHCP Option 156.

I'm looking in the Available DHCP Options list and 156 is not in the list.  Is there a way to add this DHCP option?

I'm using the OES DNS/DHCP Management Console version 2018 SP1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you follow the let's say "drunken" red arrow you'll get to the place where you can define custom options.

If you like it: like it.
Commander
Commander

Unfortunately, the Microfocus Java DNS/DHCP management console does not have that icon.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Maybe you are using an old version?  I am running the OES 2018 SP1 2018 2.0.8 version and it does have that icon.  You should be able to download it from your server.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements in the Idea Exchange forums!
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

It's been there since NetWare 5. Please post a screenshot of what's presented to you along with the OS version you use (NetWare, OES11, OES2015, OES2018) and the version of the console.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I'm also running version OES2018 SP1 2018 2.0.8

screenshot attached

OES_DHCP.png

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Thanks. Additionally we need a screenshot of the "main screen". Basically what you get if you login to the console and hit the "DHCP (OES Linux)" tab.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

OES_DHCP_main.PNG

I get this.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Once you mark the DHCP service object (called stcc in your case), the "custom options" icon (the fifth from the left) will become clickable.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.