Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.

IOS 13.5 Files App can connect to NSS volume but can not write to the NSS volume

Native Files app on IOS 13.5 can connect to an OES2018sp1 server's NSS volume and I can browse the folder structure.  I am unable to copy a file from the IOS device to the NSS volume, it throws a "Bad Descriptor" error message on IOS.  However, I can share the file on IOS to the FILR app on IOS and save it to "My Files" which is my home directory.  We would like to be able to save directly from IOS to the connected server's NSS volume.  A bit more background.  Running a VPN client on the IOS device that connects to the office network to be able to access the OES server.

Labels (4)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Would it be an eDirectory user logging in to OES SMB share via Files app on iOS?

However, Please note that this is not a supported mode. Can you please post it under OES Ideas? We will review and consider for a future release.

Thanks.

https://tinyurl.com/mfoessurvey
0 Likes

Yes, when you connect to the volume it prompts for credentials and you use the eDirectory credentials that have the necessary  rights.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

I just tested it with IOS 13.3.1 on a NSS CIFS share - that combination seems to work without problems.

0 Likes

I just tried again….

Connect to VPN.  Can authenticate to network share (nss volume with CIFS enabled).

Browse down to where I want and I can open a word doc and edit it.  Auto-save is enabled on Word on the iPad and changes show up when I look at the document from a work station on the network.

Open Word app on iPad.

Create a new document and select save.

I can select the network share and drill down to where I want the file.

I give the document a name and then you have to hit the “move” button, I guess to move the file to the network share.

That is where it fails.

iOS is now on 13.5.1

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Does it work, if you create the file with "pages" on IOS ? MS Office for IOS has it's problems and maybe is the culprit in this scenario. Does that, what you try to do, work on a Windows server share?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.