UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you were to do it all over again . . .

We are buying (2) Dell R620 servers and a Dell MD3200 with 2TB storage (Raid 5). On the servers we plan to run VMware Essentials plus and (3) Virtual Servers (SUSE Linux with OES, SUSE Linux with GroupWise 2012 and Windows 2008). The servers will be clustered together. We plan on using our existing Tower Server with our LTO-4 backup drive until we reach it's capacity right now only backup 200GB. We want to do backups to the hard drives of the tower server then push incremental backups to a computer off-site.

If you were going to do this, which backup software would you use and why? Or would you tweak something.

Thanks in advance,
Ken@rlmrlm.com

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SEP sesam might be work checking out, I know it supports all the Novell groupwise / oes / nss products and works properly

THe only thing i'm not sure it will do is the incremental offsite backup

If the server with the tape unit is windows you could just use any windows based incremental backup eg shadowprotect, acronis etc to push the incremental backups offsite

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi,

I use a backup solution called "Arkeia" The pricing is good and support is
fantastic. Arkeia will backup everything!

Regards
John

>>> On 24 May 2012 at 03:16, in message

<gleach1.5d1okn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>,
gleach1<gleach1@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> SEP sesam might be work checking out, I know it supports all the Novell
> groupwise / oes / nss products and works properly
>
> THe only thing i'm not sure it will do is the incremental offsite
> backup
>
> If the server with the tape unit is windows you could just use any
> windows based incremental backup eg shadowprotect, acronis etc to push
> the incremental backups offsite

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.