Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Increase Sys volume space

My sys volume is running low on space. I have plenty of unused space on the hard drive. What's the safest way to increase the size of the Sys volume?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Increase Sys volume space

Jimpearce,
> My sys volume is running low on space. I have plenty of unused space on
> the hard drive. What's the safest way to increase the size of the Sys
> volume?
>

NSS or TFS? Create an empty partition and add to the volume.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Discover the Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Each time i try to create an empty partition it wants me to name a pool and name the volume. How do I create a simple empty one?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I found it in the nssmu configuration.
Thanks anyway.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is done easily through nssmu if the volumes are nss. Open nssmu, go to pools, highlight the sys pool, hit the insert key and select the partition you want it on and the size you want it to be. This will expand the sys volume to the size you want it.

jgray
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can I easily increase the Novell partition size, then volume sizes by first mirroring to a new larger drive, then doing the below mentioned process to use the free space on the new drive to increase the Novell partition?

Thanks

jgray;1722258 wrote:
This is done easily through nssmu if the volumes are nss. Open nssmu, go to pools, highlight the sys pool, hit the insert key and select the partition you want it on and the size you want it to be. This will expand the sys volume to the size you want it.

jgray
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.