Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Interesting issue administering web server

Hey there gang...

I have a client who is running an all in one server.

The web server is running just fine, but when it was under netware I simply added permissions to the /sys:/novonxy/suitespot/docs directory for users whom I had trained on how to edit html so they can keep their site up to date and that worked lovely.

Now on OES2 the web site is of course located in /srv/www/htdocs. Now these guys want to continue editing their website as they always have. So here is the rub. How do I publish /srv/www/htdocs back through NCP so they can see it as a mapped drive on their windows work stations?

Any clues ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

What *I* would do is this:

Go into NRM (ie: https://servername:8009)

Go to the:
Manage NCP Services -> Manage Shares

Click Create New Share

Let's say we'll call it:
HTDOCS (or whatever you want) for volume name
for path, you'd put in:

/srv/www/htdocs

I think that's it.

It should then show up as a mountable NCP drive, and by default use NCP file rights
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Worked perfectly! Thanks
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

You are welcome!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.