Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

smflood;2171327 wrote:
Anyone who has downloaded Kanaka from the Novell Customer Center before 26 January 2012 should go and download an updated version of the ISO that is now available.

To answer a possible question in advance, how can you tell whether you have the download from before or after 26 January 2012 download and/or installed?

First the download, before 26 January 2012 the filename is Novell-Kanaka_2_6_0-eDir-20111205.iso. After 26 January 2012 it's Novell-Kanaka_2_6_0-eDir-20120126.iso - note just the date bit at end has changed, version has remained the same.

With the install, check the output of "rpm -q novell-kanaka-engine". Before 26 January 2012 it'll return "novell-kanaka-engine-2.6.0-26", after "novell-kanaka-engine-2.6.0-47". In addition, before "cat /usr/share/doc/packages/novell-kanaka-engine/version.txt" will return "kanaka-engine : 2.6.0-2" (that's not a typo, at least not on my part!), after "novell-kanaka-engine : 2.6.0-47".

HTH.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To answer a possible question in advance, how can you tell whether you have the download from before or after 26 January 2012 download and/or installed?

Thanks Simon.
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Out of curiosity, are the only changes from from Dec -> January following or are there others?

#0003385 - Kanaka Engine SSL security certificate out of date
#0003386 - Kanaka installer overwrites SSL security certificate
#0003389 - Kanaka installer should add default security to state directory
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

biketroll;2174067 wrote:
Out of curiosity, are the only changes from from Dec -> January following or are there others?

#0003385 - Kanaka Engine SSL security certificate out of date
#0003386 - Kanaka installer overwrites SSL security certificate
#0003389 - Kanaka installer should add default security to state directory

All I can say is the changes are all server-side so there is no need to update or re-install anything client-side once you've updated Kanaka on the server.

HTH.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.