Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MarkHofland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP server and replica's

Hi all,

Do I need a replica on an OES11 server for a non anonymous LDAP query? At this moment we have four OES2 SP1 servers with replica's on it. One master on server A and three read-write replica's on server B, C and D. A couple of weeks ago we installed an OES11 server, server E, in the same tree but without a replica. If I start a LDAP browser and connect anonymous to server E, I can browse the tree, so LDAP is functionin, but if I connect with username (cn= etc.) and password I got a LDAP error 13.
Any ideas?

regards,

mark
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: LDAP server and replica's

Follow the error message. LDAP error 13 is 'Confidentiality Required'
which means that you cannot bind without using SSL or STARTTLS. Basically
the server is rejecting your bind attempt because you're sending
credentials over the wire without encryption. This is controlled on the
LDAP Group (or maybe Server, but I think Group) object for this server in
eDirectory. The best way around it, though, is to use SSL or the STARTTLS
functionality so that you're not sending credentials across the wire
without protection.

Good luck.
0 Likes
Highlighted
MarkHofland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ab,

Thanks for the info, problem solved.

Regards,

Mark
0 Likes
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Long as you have configured (which is the default) the LDAP servers to "Always Chain," the searches will tree-walk if data is not on local server. As for Error 13, as per AB, its a SSL setting thing.

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.