chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LUM unable to modify admingroup

Hi,
I have been trying to install a new server into an existing tree, and I keep getting the above message (failure) during the installation. I have checked the settings and both admin, and admingroup are already LUM enabled, and I cannot find anything wrong with the existing settings. There are already 2 servers in the ring, and I am creating a new server to replace the existing email server.

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated, as I have run out of ideas.

Regards

ChasR.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
chas1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LUM unable to modify admingroup

Finally sorted it out: Solution is as follows:-
On the master server in the replica, carried out the following commands at a terminal prompt,
namconfig -k

after which
rcnamcd restart

then typed
id admin

which worked ok,
and finally restarted the server.
When I tried to install the new servers, I went into the LUM section, and manually entered the details, and lo and behold, everything is now working fine.

Hope this is of use

Regards

ChasR.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.