Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1357 views

Latest linux client beta v510 on Suse 10.1 & SLED 10

I have installed the linux client 1.2 510 on a OpenSuse 10.1.

The client works fine, but when I logout the station, I can't log on. The
login page stay at the logon process. I must reboot the PC to log on.
If a wrong username is used firs, same problem.

When the client is uninstalled, all works fine.

Same problem with SLED 10.

Serge
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Latest linux client beta v510 on Suse 10.1 & SLED 10

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:02:27 +0000, serge.tellier wrote:

> I have installed the linux client 1.2 510 on a OpenSuse 10.1.
>
> The client works fine, but when I logout the station, I can't log on. The
> login page stay at the logon process. I must reboot the PC to log on. If a
> wrong username is used firs, same problem.
>
> When the client is uninstalled, all works fine.
>
> Same problem with SLED 10.
>
> Serge


Sounds like a PAM issue. Can you have a look in /var/log/messages and see
if there are any messages from pam at the time you try to log in???

--
Mark Robinson
Novell Volunteer SysOp

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Latest linux client beta v510 on Suse 10.1 & SLED 10

serge.tellier@opns.be wrote:

> When the client is uninstalled, all works fine.
>
> Same problem with SLED 10.


Known issue. It is fixed in a later client, but it has not yet been
released.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Latest linux client beta v510 on Suse 10.1 & SLED 10

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:45:45 +0000, linuxjoe wrote:

> Known issue. It is fixed in a later client, but it has not yet been
> released.


Any word on either an updated beta client or a fully released client?
Maybe around the same time as the release of SLED/SLES10?

Joe
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Latest linux client beta v510 on Suse 10.1 & SLED 10

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:46:57 +0000, Joseph Marton wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:45:45 +0000, linuxjoe wrote:
>
>> Known issue. It is fixed in a later client, but it has not yet been
>> released.

>
> Any word on either an updated beta client or a fully released client?
> Maybe around the same time as the release of SLED/SLES10?


The full release version should follow on fairly quickly from the SLED 10
release...

--
Mark Robinson
Novell Volunteer SysOp

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.