Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2832 views

Log error - Server Base License update failed


Hi, upon checking my logs after our school Spring Break, I found this
message in the Netware 6.5 Server Error Logs appearing once per day for
the past week:

4-2-2007 4:44:26 am: SERVER-5.70-3651
Severity = 1 Locus = 14 Class = 2
Server Base License update failed 0xC0001001

The Netware 6.5 server is responsive to logins today with no other
errors noted in the logs. We are a K-12 school district with (what I
believe is) valid Novell licenses for our product. I tried looking
online and in Novell's knowledge base for information on where to find
and fix the problem (if there truly is a problem), but to no good
effect. Can anyone help point the direction I should start my
investigation?

Thanx, Mike


--
jmor3
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Log error - Server Base License update failed

On 03/04/07 jmor3 wrote:
> I tried looking
> online and in Novell's knowledge base for information on where to find
> and fix the problem (if there truly is a problem), but to no good
> effect.


That's odd, I found several hits there, for instance TID 10017860 which
says it's a time sync problem. Load DSrepair on the server holding the
Master of the affected partition. From the first menu run a TimeSync
Check and a Report Sync Status. When finished, exit DSrepair and post
the relevant portion of SYS:SYSTEM/dsrepair.log here, thanks.
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
http://support.novell.com/forums
(Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Log error - Server Base License update failed


Hi, Thanks for your quick reply. I did find that TID (and a few other
Forum posts) that spoke to this issue (but I didn't see our particular
error message word-for-word). I spent some more time in our Logs
looking for trends, and I discovered that the license update error
started around the same time as we applied the US DST2007 patch (and
the early US DST shift happened in March). My eDirectory is stored on a
Novell server with replicas on two SUSE 9 servers, so I agreed that the
error might be a timesync issue (based on the TID's and forum posts).
So I started (before your post) by unloading XNTPD, reloading it,
checking all my time server settings, and letting the time
resynchronize. At this point, I haven't had the license update message
in my log for two days (and I was receiving an error message every day
like clockwork :-). I will still run DSRepair and do a TimeSync check,
but for the moment I'm waiting to see what effect my earlier action has
before moving forward.

Thanx, Mike


--
jmor3
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.