UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Login With Non-Novell Credential Provider=OFF not working

I'm running the Novell Client 2 SP1 IR6 on Windows 7 Professional clients and have the "!Login_With_Non_Novell_Credential_Provider=NO" built into my Unattend file. However upon installing the client this setting is still set to "ON", thereby still attempting to login in the background. I also have "!Novell_Credential_Provider_Enabled=NO" so that the user only sees their AD login.

All my other unattend file settings work fine.

When I load up the unattend file into a test machine, the Non Novell Credential Provider is set to Off.

What do I need to do to fix the install not setting this properly?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

PaulBenjamin;2216191 wrote:
I'm running the Novell Client 2 SP1 IR6 on Windows 7 Professional clients and have the "!Login_With_Non_Novell_Credential_Provider=NO" built into my Unattend file. However upon installing the client this setting is still set to "ON", thereby still attempting to login in the background. I also have "!Novell_Credential_Provider_Enabled=NO" so that the user only sees their AD login.

All my other unattend file settings work fine.

When I load up the unattend file into a test machine, the Non Novell Credential Provider is set to Off.

What do I need to do to fix the install not setting this properly?

Thanks!

Have you tried the latest version? Does the problem also exist there?

NOVELL: Downloads - Novell Client 2 SP2 for Windows (IR4a)

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have begun testing with that, but now when I create my Unattend file and then import it manually in the Client Install Manager on a fresh image sometimes this setting shows up again and sometimes it does not! I'm not sure what's going on but I found the registry setting so I think I'm just going to add that entry to a configuration script I'm already using with the install for the certificate and other stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I should probably update the version anyways.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.