Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Login scripts, removing user option menus

I'm using the TREE function in the logon script to map a folder in TREE B (video server) from users that typically log into TREE A (main file server). We created a user group of Video and placed all the teachers in it, so when they login it will check to see if they're a member of the video group, and if so they'll be mapped to a video folder from the TREE B drive.

On the logon script, it maps everything fine, however it pops up telling them they're are being mapped to another tree which requires them to click the OK box. Is there a parameter I can put in to avoid this? Below is a sample of the script

MAP ERRORS ON
MAP F:=SYS:
MAP N:=SYS:
MAP O:=VOL1:

IF MEMBER OF "VIDEO" THEN
TREE GHS/.VIDEO;STREAMING
MAP V:=\\GHS1\SYS\VIDEO
END
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login scripts, removing user option menus

gregatkins wrote:

>
> I'm using the TREE function in the logon script to map a folder in
> TREE B (video server) from users that typically log into TREE A (main
> file server). We created a user group of Video and placed all the
> teachers in it, so when they login it will check to see if they're a
> member of the video group, and if so they'll be mapped to a video
> folder from the TREE B drive.
>
> On the logon script, it maps everything fine, however it pops up
> telling them they're are being mapped to another tree which requires
> them to click the OK box. Is there a parameter I can put in to avoid
> this? Below is a sample of the script
>
> MAP ERRORS ON
> MAP F:=SYS:
> MAP N:=SYS:
> MAP O:=VOL1:
>
> IF MEMBER OF "VIDEO" THEN
> TREE GHS/.VIDEO;STREAMING
> MAP V:=\\GHS1\SYS\VIDEO
> END

Try map errors off ?

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.