Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1219 views

Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

Is it possible to login to NW 6.5 server without using its Novell Client
login software ? Pls advise. Thanks

Regards
Daniel


Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

On 8/16/2005 Daniel wrote:

> Is it possible to login to NW 6.5 server without using its Novell Client
> login software ? Pls advise. Thanks


Yes, it's possible - with the Client Services for NetWare. However,
you need to install IPX in the server *and* that client version is not
supported here. You can also configure NFAP at the server. NFAP
turns Windows emulation on the NetWare server and you can connect
to it with the Microsoft Client over IP. For support on the NFAP product,
please ask in the NFAP forum.


--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

Do you mean that if i use client service for netware then the novell client
login won't be supported in windows ? so NFAP deals with tcpip ? do you know
any NFAP forum address ? Thanks

Rgds
Daniel


"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message
news:xn0e62aoq6fag1002@support-forums.novell.com...
> On 8/16/2005 Daniel wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to login to NW 6.5 server without using its Novell Client
> > login software ? Pls advise. Thanks

>
> Yes, it's possible - with the Client Services for NetWare. However,
> you need to install IPX in the server *and* that client version is not
> supported here. You can also configure NFAP at the server. NFAP
> turns Windows emulation on the NetWare server and you can connect
> to it with the Microsoft Client over IP. For support on the NFAP product,
> please ask in the NFAP forum.
>
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

On 8/17/2005 Daniel wrote:

> Do you mean that if i use client service for netware then the novell client
> login won't be supported in windows ?


I said, if you use Client Services for NetWare - we won't be able to support
any problems you may have since Novell did not release that client. MS did.
Also, Client Services for NetWare can only communicate via IPX. It does not
support IP.

> so NFAP deals with tcpip ?


NFAP installed at the server, enables you to use the native client at your
workstation - on this case the Microsoft Client. It supports IP connectivity.


> do you know
> any NFAP forum address ? Thanks


http://support.novell.com/forums/
Native File Access


--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

So NW server also won't be able to communicate with client service for
novell? Then no point in using client service for netware , right ?

Rgds
Daniel


"Edison Ortiz" <eortiz@nscsysop.com> wrote in message
news:xn0e63mh928hpb001@support-forums.novell.com...
> On 8/17/2005 Daniel wrote:
>
> > Do you mean that if i use client service for netware then the novell

client
> > login won't be supported in windows ?

>
> I said, if you use Client Services for NetWare - we won't be able to

support
> any problems you may have since Novell did not release that client. MS

did.
> Also, Client Services for NetWare can only communicate via IPX. It does

not
> support IP.
>
> > so NFAP deals with tcpip ?

>
> NFAP installed at the server, enables you to use the native client at your
> workstation - on this case the Microsoft Client. It supports IP

connectivity.
>
>
> > do you know
> > any NFAP forum address ? Thanks

>
> http://support.novell.com/forums/
> Native File Access
>
>
> --
> Edison Ortiz
> Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
> (No Email Support, Thanks !)



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Login to NW server 6.5 via xp

On 8/19/2005 Daniel wrote:

> So NW server also won't be able to communicate with client service for
> novell? Then no point in using client service for netware , right ?


The Client Service for NetWare would communicate with a NetWare
server by using the IPX protocol *only*. If you have any problems with
the setup, we can't help you troubleshoot you here since we use Novell
Client. Understood ?


--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp
(No Email Support, Thanks !)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.