Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1660 views

Logo Screen

I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
get rid of the Logo Screen?

PMorrisJr
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

PMorrisJr@mycompany.com wrote:

> I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT
> file in the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server
> boots. How can I get rid of the Logo Screen?
>
> PMorrisJr


Boy you got me, "server.exe -nl" should work, at least it does for us
(NW6.0 and OES/NW servers).

I know this is a stupid question, but this is not the xsession starting
is it???

Chris
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

PMorrisJr,

> I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
> the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
> get rid of the Logo Screen?


With the -NL the logo should not display unless its being explicitly
called (load showlogo.nlm), and even then I'm not sure if it will.
Double check your autoexec.bat.


--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

PMorrisJr@mycompany.com wrote:

> I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
> the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
> get rid of the Logo Screen?


I don't know if it's case sensitive (-nl instead of -NL) or not. Possibly a
problem with your server registry files.

--
-andy
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Antw: Logo Screen

Try to add the -NL switch on top of the startup.ncf file, this was the solution in my case.

Sebastian

>>> <PMorrisJr@mycompany.com> 01.08.2005 23:44:22 >>>

I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
get rid of the Logo Screen?

PMorrisJr


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

Chris,

I double-checked and it's not the xsession starting because I have that
line remmed out so that the X Server GUI doesn't load.

This is baffling because it does this for every one of the servers I
install Netware on.

PMorrisJr

> PMorrisJr@mycompany.com wrote:
>
> > I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT
> > file in the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server
> > boots. How can I get rid of the Logo Screen?
> >
> > PMorrisJr

>
> Boy you got me, "server.exe -nl" should work, at least it does for us
> (NW6.0 and OES/NW servers).
>
> I know this is a stupid question, but this is not the xsession starting
> is it???
>
> Chris

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

Hamish,

Is it possible that something else is "calling" SHOWLOGO.NLM explicitly and
that is over-riding my -NL switch? I went through my AUTOEXEC.BAT and
AUTOEXEC.NCF files and there is no load of SHOWLOGO.NLM. Any other thoughts?

PMorrisJr

> PMorrisJr,
>
> > I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
> > the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
> > get rid of the Logo Screen?

>
> With the -NL the logo should not display unless its being explicitly
> called (load showlogo.nlm), and even then I'm not sure if it will.
> Double check your autoexec.bat.
>
>
> --
> Hamish Speirs
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.
>
> http://haitch.net
>
> (Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
> probably be ignored)


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

Andy,

I tried changing "-NL" to "-nl" to test for case sensitivity, but the logo
screen still comes up. Any other thoughts?

PMorrisJr

> PMorrisJr@mycompany.com wrote:
>
> > I have added the -NL switch to the SERVER line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file in
> > the C:\ but the Logo Screen still appears when the server boots. How can I
> > get rid of the Logo Screen?

>
> I don't know if it's case sensitive (-nl instead of -NL) or not. Possibly a
> problem with your server registry files.
>
> --
> -andy

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

PMorrisJr@mycompany.com wrote:

> Andy,
>
> I tried changing "-NL" to "-nl" to test for case sensitivity, but the logo
> screen still comes up. Any other thoughts?


Could try deleting the server registry files c:\nwserver\servcfg.* files
and reboot with the -nl switch. This will affect any server set
parameters and apps like ifolder and such that use the registry.

--

-andy
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Logo Screen

TID 10076626 may help if you do this

Cheers Dave


--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.