Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
sfoley Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looking for Backup Program for NDS

I am looking for software that can backup and restore individual NDS user objects in NetWare 6.5. I have used Tivoli in the past, but that became too expensive. I am using Backup Exec 11d now, but it won’t restore names with periods in them.
.CN=name@company\.com.OU=Users.OU=dept.O=company.T=MY_TREE.
I have about 60,000 user objects I backup daily and 30% of them contain periods. I often need to restore single user objects.

Does anyone know of software that can do this?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
beelsr Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Looking for Backup Program for NDS

if you're looking to restore individual user objects, I think there are
only 2 tools out there that will do this easily. detroubler from
blackbirdgroup and hbware's ndsbackup.

it might be easier to do an ldif dump of all users each night and
restore from the ldif or restore manually using the ldif as a
reference.

why do you need to do restores so often?

--
Cheers!
Richard Beels
~ Network Consultant
~ Sysop, Novell Support Connection
~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS

-- Cheers! Richard Beels ~ Network Consultant ~ MCNE, CNE*, CNA*, CNS*, N*LS
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.