Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
captainjd02006 Contributor.
Contributor.

Losing network connection - Windows 10

Hi,

I'm having an issue with workstations losing server connection. All the mapped drives disappear and if I view connections from the tray icon it shows the user is no longer connected to the server. This seems to happen more frequently on machines that have been idle for a longer period of time (45min +). I've disabled sleep in GPO, I've also gone into the NIC settings and unchecked "allow Windows to turn off this device to save power". I didn't have this issue on Win 7. I'm running Windows 10 LTSC 2019 with Client for Open Enterprise Server 2 SP4 (IR12). Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Losing network connection - Windows 10

First guess: some sort of firewall issue.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Event Viewer?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
benjaminhare Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I wonder if your issue could be hardware specific?  Is it happening only on specific computer models?

I had a similar situation (but under WinXP) with a bunch of HP 4300 all-in-one models that would shut off the NIC regardless of the "Allow Windows to turn off this device" setting.  The fix in my case was a BIOS upgrade that resolved a power management issue.

0 Likes
captainjd02006 Contributor.
Contributor.

Good thought. So far yes, it's only on the Dell 7010's I got this summer. Different computer and OS from last school year for the users that have experience this. I will give the BIOS update a shot.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.