Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lost nss after applying latest Patches

I ran the latest updates on both a SLES11 XEN Server and OES11SP1 VM running on this XEN server. After this, I lost two important items. When nss loads on the OES11SP1 I get an error loading one of the nss modules and ISCSI also failed on this machine connecting two 2 drives on the XEN server. I had to remove the ISCSI from the XEN server to get the utilization down from 100%. Re-installing it gave a host of scripting errors, so at the present I am unable to attach to the ISCSI drives from the OES11SP1 server.(uninstalled the iSCSI from the server)

To check out the nss problem, I re-installed a backup of the OES11SP1 vm before the updates (March 2013), and nss loaded correctly, although it would not connect back to the iSCSI drives on the XEN server. I then ran the updates, and lo and behold, I got the same nss errors as before.

It looks like the kernel updates are behind the problems when running both the the XEN serve,r and also OES11SP1 vm under XEN.

If I recall, something like this has happened before.

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards

ChasR.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks,

Looks like this will resolve the nss problem, still have iSCSI problem though. Tried uninstalling it on the XEN server and then re-installing it, but get a lot of scripting errors. I will downgrade the OES2sp1 kernel at the weekend, and see how things go then, as the nss volumes are actually the volumes I need to connect via the iSCSI which is on the XEN server.

Cheers,

ChasR
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Downgrade of kernel fixed the nss fault, and traced the iSCSI fault to the XEN server. Posted solution on the SUS sles11 board.
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

On 10/07/2013 15:26, chas wrote:

> Downgrade of kernel fixed the nss fault, and traced the iSCSI fault to
> the XEN server. Posted solution on the SUS sles11 board.

As noted in TID 7012634 which Thomas (thsundel) posted, a newer
kernel-xen has now been released which addresses this issue.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Technology Transfer
Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.