Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Morgan Leecy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MIGGUI not transferring data

I am migrating from a Netware 6.5 SP8 server to SLES11 / OES11

Both servers are now up and running, certificates checked and valid.

I run the miggui UI and can setup the netware server as source, and the SLES11 as destination. I can add a consolidate task and browse both file structures (both NSS). I drag the folders I want to migrate accross, choose a few basic settings and start the job

I get to stage 3, Starting MIgrate Phase. When I look at the log, I can see the miggui has correctly worked out the size of the voiume for progress feedback..

Then nothing.. none of the files copy.

I have rebooted servers, recreates jobs, checked new server has a full replicate of the entire OU with the volumes in it, I just cant get the data to move.

Can someone advise on what I can do to push this through OR recommend another tool for migrating data from Netware OES to SLES11 OES

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: MIGGUI not transferring data

Hi,

I typically use MIGFILES the command line version of MIGGUI - that way I can see for sure the errors/or what's going on.

Here is a good reference for troubleshooting: http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7001767

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

leecymj;2301923 wrote:
I am migrating from a Netware 6.5 SP8 server to SLES11 / OES11

Both servers are now up and running, certificates checked and valid.

I run the miggui UI and can setup the netware server as source, and the SLES11 as destination. I can add a consolidate task and browse both file structures (both NSS). I drag the folders I want to migrate accross, choose a few basic settings and start the job

I get to stage 3, Starting MIgrate Phase. When I look at the log, I can see the miggui has correctly worked out the size of the voiume for progress feedback..

Then nothing.. none of the files copy.

I have rebooted servers, recreates jobs, checked new server has a full replicate of the entire OU with the volumes in it, I just cant get the data to move.

Can someone advise on what I can do to push this through OR recommend another tool for migrating data from Netware OES to SLES11 OES

Thanks

There are also debug logs in the same directory that you obtained the miggui logs. They usually show more information.
0 Likes
Morgan Leecy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the freplies folks

Sorry I forogt to feedback, the issue was with the Netware server, I found a new version of SMDR, installed it and it seemed to do the trick!
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and letting us know your solution - that way we all learn 🙂

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.