Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Map MyDocuments without ZENworks

Hello all,

I'm still using the SBS 6.5. The login and so on, everything is working fine. Nevertheless it would be more comfortable for the users, if on each login their MyDocs-folder and the Desktop-folder on the server would be mounted properly to the MyDocs and Desktop-folder on the workstation. I know its somehow possible to get this working with ZENworks and the policies. Actually I would have the ZENworks 4.01 included in the SBS, nevertheless I never got it working on Netware 6.5. I know there is a patch, but as I said before, I always experienced problems with it.

Is there a easy way to map the folders correctly?

Thanks. 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Map MyDocuments without ZENworks

You mean the folder redirect of the My Documents or favorites to a custom location?

There's an ADM template that can be used to let this work with ZenWorks 4 upto 7, find the Cool solution page here : http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14324.html

Download the template, open your user group policy and import the template. You'll have to reset the mmc fliter to also show non Microsoft managed policies. After setting the filter you should be able to set the wanted redirects.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.