Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mappings disapper randomly

Hello,

we've six new HP ProDesk 405 computer in our environment and some problems only with this new machines:

DriveMapping-connections are disappearing randomly sometimes and we can't disconnect or reconnect this mappings. (red cross, not always all mappings)
Computer has to be restarted always it appers.

On all machines we updatet to Novell-Client: SP3 IR7a and set FileCaching to OFF (also on our Servers).
We also tried to update LAN-Firmware and drivers or installed another network card - doesn't solve the problem.

All other Clients have no problems like this.

I searched forums, etc but cant solve this problem.

Has anybody an idea what I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Michael
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Mappings disapper randomly

Hi Michael,

Is this disconnect after a period of user inactivity? Or can it be random while someone is activity working on the machine?

It would also be good to know more about the server the machine is connected to (is it NetWare or OES, and which patchlevel and version?), and if the other machines that do not show this issue have the same Novell Client version installed?

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Willem,

Is this disconnect after a period of user inactivity? Or can it be random while someone is activity working on the machine?

No - usually there is no inactivity period before the error.
We also changed energy saving settings for network cards - doesn't help.

It would also be good to know more about the server the machine is connected to (is it NetWare or OES, and which patchlevel and version?), and if the other machines that do not show this issue have the same Novell Client version installed?

Server machines are running on NetWare 6 Sp8 and OES11Sp2.
Yes - other client machines without this Problem have the same novell client installed.

It only appears on this 6 HP machines - other new installed machines doesn't have this problem.

Michael
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Michael,

the more recent installations are probably different. Check the NIC driver versions and BIOS versions.
I'd also check the Windows logs and if that doesn't help, try and see if a LAN trace reveals something.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.